Friday, January 23, 2009

Metromoms:Best & Hottest Products

So I'm a member of this awesome group called MetroMoms (www.metroplexbaby.com). I absolutely love this group!! Not only have I met some fantastic women in the Dallas / Fort Worth area, but I have been able to attend some very invaluable events. Some events are meant to teach us, like disciplining techniques, potty training, or starting your own company.

Other events are just plain fun, like their quarterly Best & Hottest Products event. The tickets went on sale a couple months ago and sold out faster than a U2 concert! In fact, I believe they were sold out before they even had a chance to finish their presale offer! Of course, I got my ticket and the event was last night.

The idea behind their B&H event is to show off the latest and greatest items on the market for Moms-to-be, infants, and children. They give away everything from cribs, strollers, car seats, safety items, baby monitors, first aid, clothes, shoes, toys ... you name it, it's there! In fact, last night they had (I think) 101 items to give away! Every mother gets to draw a number; whomever draws #1 gets to pick an item first, then #2, etc. They also do something fun too, for the Moms to pick their numbers. Last night, there were balloons everywhere. Each table had a balloon and inside each balloon was a number. The table that had #1, each got to get up and go to the mass of balloons and pick out their personal balloon. Affixed to the balloon was a cute ladybug tether for the kids, and taped to the bottom of that ladybug was our number.

At my table, we were the 18th table allowed to pick our personal numbers. Out of the 4 of us, we drew #1, #13, #14, and #92. I drew #13, so that meant I was the 13th Mom allowed to pick out a gift. I was really hoping to get the convertible car seat since we'll need one for Baby #3, but Mom #11 got it before me. Oh well, I picked out the Fisher-Price Zen Collection Pappasan Bouncer. It's super cute and retails for $100!

This was actually the first time I had ever picked a "low" number. In the past, I believe the best number I drew was #54. No matter, everything I've ever received at the B&H event has gotten it's workout in this home! The next B&H event will be April 16th and I'm already counting down!

No comments:

Post a Comment