Friday, January 23, 2009

Pregnant at 11 weeks

On Monday, I'll technically be considered 11 weeks pregnant. I only found out I was pregnant a couple weeks ago. I went to the doctor on January 5, 2009 to confirm my suspicions. At that point, it was determined I was 8 weeks pregnant and due on August 16, 2009. My due date also happens to be my 30th birthday. No offense Mom, but I don't want to be birthin' no baby on the same day you did! I want my baby to have his/HER on special day.

No, I don't know yet the gender of this baby. Secretly, I'm hoping for a girl, since my house is full of testosterone already. I'll most definitely be happy with a healthy baby, no matter the gender, but wishing for a girl isn't a bad thing. I won't actually be able to find out the gender for at least another 7 weeks.

My next appointment is scheduled for February 6, 2009. No pictures this time, we'll just get to listen to the heartbeat. At that point, I'll be 13 weeks.

I've been feeling the typical symptoms in my first trimester; nauseous in the morning and fatigued in the evening. As with all my other pregnancies, I get the additional pleasure of frequent diarrhea and vomiting after meals. I'm not exactly sure the deal about that particular package of symptoms, but my OB/GYN just insists I rest as much as possible (ha!) and stay hydrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment